Monday, October 20, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. First things first: some background. I was given an "assignment" to start my own blog. I thought for days about what I would be interested in blogging about. I ultimately landed on the topic of being in an interfaith marriage, not because I have this grand egocentric vision that my insight could help others who've found themselves at a similar intersection between their faith and their heart. Nope - I simply think it would be kinda humorous. I don't know how I ended up here - but here I am, each day trying to understand how Judaism works. And in spite of my best efforts, and having lived in a kosher home for well over six years, I still use the wrong dishes at the wrong times, still miss the dates for holidays, still don't understand a word anyone says when I go to Synagogue. But it's all worth it because, in the end, my wife compromised for love. She always wanted to marry a Jew, and somehow or another, she chose me. So for that, I will spend the rest of my life trying to get better at it all because, if nothing else, I owe her that. So anyways, in the end, I hope that anyone who reads this will find it at least mildly amusing. And now, on with the show...

No comments: