Monday, March 30, 2009

A true fan

Following up on my post from last week. As the nation now knows, our beloved Orange took it on the chin from the Oklahoma Sooners last Friday, thus ending their great '08-'09 campaign. Friday night we shared dinner with friends at a Hibachi steak house (the kids were amazed at the techniques), and then we gathered at ourplace so the dads could watch the second half and the kids could play. Although the game was on, my kids were more interested in Barbies - can't blame them. Although, as the game came to a close and the sadness of another season ending played out across my face, my oldest came to my side and asked what was wrong. I said "Syracuse lost." She promptly teared up, a sad little frown cut across her face, and her lip started to quiver as she said "But I didn't want them to lose," and she climbed onto the couch for a brief but heartfelt cry. Indoctrination complete - she is now a true fan. And now...on to OPENING DAY!

No comments: